Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to design systems using the popular Digital Signal Processor Family TMS 320 C64X.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to
Implement real time digital filters.
Apply DSP to various systems.
Module I (14 Hours)
Introduction to a popular DSP from Texas Instruments, CPU Architecture, CPU Data Paths and Control, Timers, Interrupts, Internal Data/ Program Memory, External Memory Interface, pipelining
Module II (7 Hours)
Programming : Instruction Set and Addressing Modes ,TMS 320C64X CPU Simple programming examples using C and assembly.
Module III (7 Hours)
Typical DSP development system, support tools and files , compiler, assembler, Code composer studio, CODECs
Module IV (7 Hours)
Digital Signal Processing Applications: Filter Design , FIR & IIR Digital Filter Design, filter Design programs using MATLAB , Fourier Transform: DFT, FFT programs using MATLAB
Module V (6 Hours)
Real Time Implementation: Implementation of Real Time Digital filters using DSP ,Implementation of FFT applications using DSP , DTMF Tone Generation and Detection
Module VI (13 Hours)
DSP Application examples in CODEC : PLL ,Image processing, FSK modems, Voice detection and reverse playback, Multirate filters, PID controllers. Current Trends in Digital Signal Processors , DSP Controllers
1. Digital Signal Processing and Application with C6713 and C6416 DSK, Rulph Chassaing, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, A Wiley‐Interscience Publication
2. Digital Signal Processing Implementation using the TMS320C6000 DSP Platform, 1st Edition; Naim Dahnoun
3. Digital Signal Processing ‐ A Student Guide,1st Edition; T.J. Terrel and Lik‐ Kwan Shark; Macmillan Press Ltd.
4. Digital Signal Processing: A System Design Approach, 1st Edition; David J
Defatta J, Lucas Joseph G & Hodkiss William S ; John Wiley
5. Digital Signal Processing‐A Practical Guide for Engineers and Scientists by Steven K Smith, Newnes, An imprint of Elsevier Science
6. DSP Applications using ‘C’ and the TMS320C6X DSK, 1st Edition; Rulph Chassaing
7 . Digital Signal Processing Design, 1st Edition, Andrew Bateman, Warren Yates