|Title of Subject||EC312-Object Oriented Programming
|Name of Staff||Mr. Jinesh K J
|Branch & Sem||ECE,S6|
To introduce the Object Oriented Programming paradigm using C++ and Java as the languages. To learn simple Android application development from the fundamentals.
Syllabus: Object Oriented Programming and basics of C++, Advanced features of C++ programming such as exception handling and templates. Object oriented features of Java and their implementation. Advanced features of Java including packages, multithreading and error management. Introduction to Android application development with a case study. Expected outcome: Tthe students will have: i. A thorough understanding of the features of OOP like class construction, polymorphism and inheritance of C++ and Java. ii. An understanding of advanced features of C++ such as templates, abstract classes and virtual functions. iii. Knowledge of advanced features of Java such as multithreading, packages and error management. iv. Skills in designing android application development. v. Skills in debugging, deploying and testing mobile applications.
1. E. Balagurusamy, Object Oriented Programming with C++ and JAVA, McGrawHill, 2015
2. Hardy, Brian, and Bill Phillips, Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide. Addison-Wesley Professional, 2013.
3. Yashwant P. Kanetkar, Let us C++, 2/e, BPB Publications, 2003
1. Deitel, Harvey M., and Paul J. Deitel., Java how to program.,7th International edition.” (2007): 390-420.
2. G. Booch, R. A. Maksimchuk, M. W. Engel, and B J. Young, Object-oriented Analysis and Design with Applications, Addison-Wesley, 3rd Edition, 2007.
3. Horstmann, Cay S., and Gary Cornell., Core Java 2: Volume I, Fundamentals, Pearson Education, 2002.
4. Samanta, Debasis, Object-Oriented programming with C++ and Java, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., 2006.
5. Stroustrup, Bjarne. The C++ programming language, Pearson Education India, 1986.